· Academic Requirements
· Code of Ethics
· Continuing Education
· Forms & Applications
· Licensed Counselors
· State Laws
LPCC: LICENSED PROFESSIONAL CLINICAL COUNSELOR
This is the specialty license in "clinical mental health counseling" which is awarded to LPC's who have completed the advanced clinical requirements.
Applicants for the LPCC must hold a valid LPC license.
In addition, these requirements must be satisfied:
LPCC Application (361 KB PDF)
- A total of 60 graduate semester credits - 12 of which may be obtained in documented training, clinical experiences, or courses consistent with NBCC clinical education guidlines.
- Must have completed 700 hours of clinical training in supervised practica and/or internships relevant to the practice of clinical counseling.
- Graduate clinical coursework must include: abnormal psychology and psychopathology, appraisal and diagnostic evaluation (DSM-IV), and clinical counseling skills.
- Two years (3000 hours) of post-masters supervised clinical experience in a clinical setting. The supervisor must be a psychiatrist, clinical or counseling psychologist, professional clinical counselor or other qualified clinical professional approved by the board.
- Three letters of reference from the clinical supervisor and other clinical professionals.
- A passing score on the National Clinical Mental Health Counseling Examination.
- A videotaped clinical counseling session of at least 30-minutes duration (individual or group clinical counseling setting).
LPCC Renewal Form (149 KB PDF)
Instructions for Renewal (31 KB DOC)
These forms are also available from the NDBCE office.